In order to transfer a domain name between registrars, a domain name must meet the following requirements:
1) The domain name must be at least 60-days old - domains that are not yet 60-days old are not transferable between registrars.
2) A domain must be in ACTIVE or OK status. If a domain is in REGISTRAR-LOCK, REGISTRAR-HOLD, REGISTRY-LOCK, REGISTRY-HOLD, REDEMPTION PERIOD (meaining the domain has expired), or PENDING DELETE status, the global registries will not allow registrar transfer. Please, contact your registrar (the place where you have purchsed your domain initially) and confirm that the domain is transferrable.
NOTE: If your domain has EXPIRED we will NOT be able to transfer the domain from your registrar to us. You will need to first renew your domain with the current registrar and then we can initiate a transfer request. Our advice is, do not wait until last minute before sending us your transfer order.
3) EPP Authorization Keys are required if you plan to transfer a domain with one of the following extensions: .com, .net, .org, .info, .biz, .bz, .us, .com.cn, .net.cn, .org.cn, .cn, .kids.us, .com.tw, .org.tw, .idv.tw, .in, .co.in, .net.in, .org.in, .firm.in, .gen.in, .ind.in and .jobs names.
You have to obtain the Authorization keys from the current registrar
4) Auto-Verification (REQUIRED):
Once we have received your domain transfer order, we will then initiate the domain transfer request in 12-24 hours via auto verification transfer (email).
When an auto verification transfer order is submitted, a verification email will be sent to the registrant and administrative contact(s) for the domain(s). (Per ICANN Regulations, transfer verification will NOT be sent to technical, billing, or other listed contacts for the domain.)
NOTE: If this verification is not received, the transfer will not proceed. Without this verification, transfer requests are not sent to the registry and the domain will not be put into Pending Transfer status for release by the losing registrar.
5) Domain Privacy Protection (Domain ID Protection):
If you have a Domain Privacy Protection/ID protection at the current registrar you need to contact the current domain registrar and remove the privacy protection - otherwise the domain transfer confirmation email will not be delivered (as exaplined in #3) and therefore the domain transfer will not take place.
1) The domain registrar is the company which you have used to purchase your domain. In some cases (especially if you are moving from another host), your hosting company might be the reseller for your domain registrar. If this is the case, you need to contact your hosting company and request that the domain name be unlocked.